Alpha Delta Pi
2001 Fishers Ct
Bloomington, Indiana 47406
On May 15, 1851, Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald and five of her closest friends founded the Adelphean Society, which later became Alpha Delta Pi, at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia. At this time, the members selected the official colors, Azure Blue for friendship and White for truth, and the official flower, the Woodland Violet. They also chose their open motto: "We Live for Each Other." It holds the distinction of being the first secret society for women.
In 1906, the design of the current diamond-shaped badge with two stars and clasped hands was selected, and in 1919, the present crest design, including a lion, was approved at the national convention. The Beta Alpha chapter was established at Indiana University in 1926.