MCCSC School Board Elections
1. The November 6, 2012, election will include MCCSC Districts 2, 4, 5, and 6.
2. A candidate must be a resident in the district in which the candidate wants to run.
3. Voting is at-large throughout the school district, which means that all voters vote for a candidate from each of the districts which is up for election.
4. Anyone wishing to stand in a school board election must file for candidacy. Filing packets are available at the Monroe County Clerk’s Office, and can be submitted on or after July 25, 2012, but must be submitted before noon on August 24, 2012.
5. School board seats are non-partisan, and elections include all candidates who wish to stand.
MCCSC Districts and Current School Board Members
As a result of Monroe County Voter Registration reorganization by the Monroe County Clerk which combined voting precincts and which have the potential to be further adjusted, School Board member district descriptions do not match current precinct numbers. To confirm the representation district in which you live, please call the Monroe County Voter Registration office at (812) 349-2690 or the Monroe County Clerk at (812) 349-2600.
The current members of the MCCSC Board of School Trustees are:
District 1 (Kelly Smith, Assistant Secretary)
Precincts: Benton 1,2; Bloomington 9,11,12,14*,15,16*; Washington
District 2 (Sue Wanzer, Member)
Precincts: Clear Creek 1,2; Perry 4,5*,10,11*,20*,21*,22,23,24,25; Polk; Salt Creek
District 3 (Martha Street, Secretary)
Precincts: Indian Creek; Perry 1*,2,3,5*,6; Van Buren 1,2,3,4,5,6
District 4 (James Muehling, President)
Precincts: Perry 8*,9,11*,12,13,14,15*,16*,17*,18,19,
District 5 (Keith Klein, Vice-President)
Precincts: Bloomington 1*; Perry 1*,7,8*,15*,16*,17*,20*,21*
District 6 (Lois Sabo-Skelton, Member)
Precincts: Bloomington 1*,3*,5,7,8*,10,16*
District 7 (D. Jeannine Butler, Member)
Precincts: Bloomington 2,3*,4,6,13,14*,16*,17
* Indicates split precinct
Precinct boundaries are set by (and the responsibility of) the Monroe County Clerk, (812) 349-2600, which is the best source of that information.
MCCSC School Board District Map