BloomingtonOnline.NET
Home Online Mall Event Calendar Local Directory Play a game Event Photos Sponsorships Contact

+ Reply to Topic

Topic: International Women's Day

Active Participant Sponsor Maria Douglas's Avatar

Default International Women's Day

Happy International Women's Day!

Just attended the 26th annual Luncheon in honor of Women's History in celebration of International Women's Day. I left the event feeling very empowered and proud.

I thought it would be interesting to hear stories about what Women have influenced your lives and how. I would like to hear from both Women and Men.

I am having trouble identifying just one woman that influenced me. However, one that came to mind was Beth Murray APRN. She is the Director of Nursing at Centerstone (CBH when I worked there). Beth is a very strong and unapologetic woman. It seemed as though she always had a level head and kept a good balance between leisure, family and work.

Another woman (or future woman) is my daughter Avery. She may be only 5 but she has changed my life. Already, she has the makings of a strong, intelligent woman who will be able to accomplish anything she puts her mind to. She lets me see the world through a child's eye - which most of us need to spend more time doing. Yesterday, when I lost my debit card and I kept saying, 'man, how did I let this happen' she said, 'Mama if you keep talking about it and thinking about it that will make it worse.' She's 5. Avery asserts herself and her 5 y/o beliefs very strongly but immediately senses when something has hurt someone else and then tries to make amends. She wants things to be fair and fun - isn't that what we all want?

And of course my Mother. She taught me what unconditional love is really all about. I owe her my life. Not in the biological sense. Nope - she literally CHOSE me to be her child and all of the opportunities that brings to a child growing up in the US.
    Maria Douglas
    MJD Services
    Your Professional and Personal Assistant
    BloomingtonOnline.NET/mjd
    (812) 340-5925

Repeat Contributor

Default Re: International Women's Day

thanks for such good article, womens day is about rights of women and we all should know how to over come all problems

+ Reply to Topic

Thread Information